William Shank on Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:50:25 +0200

[PLUG] linux sound options

What are the sound options for linux and what are the differences? I have
been having a lot of difficulty with my Creative Ensoniq PCI sound card with
SuSE7.2. I think it has to do with the artsd system in KDE (currently using
KDE2.2). I never had this much problem with RH or Mandrake. I have tried
killing the artsd process and restarting it. I've tried unloading and
reloading the kernel modules. I can usually get it to work if I use the
YAST2 sound installer, but then it doesn't work after a while - maybe after
a reboot and maybe not. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on here?

thanks

Chris