Gerald D. Neale on Sun, 30 Sep 2001 01:45:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] linux sound options

Have you tried to run sndconfig? I've had good success
with that and an Creative Ensoniq PCI card (RH 7.1
though). It might have to do with the differneces in
the RH 7.1 stock kernel compared to that of SuSe 7.2.
Did you do a lsmod to see what module is loading
trying to communicate with the sound card?

See "CHLUG:Linux Sound" for our trials and
tribulations.
http://www.chlug.org/sound.php
--- William Shank <wshank@mbcnet.com> wrote:
> What are the sound options for linux and what are
> the differences? I have
> been having a lot of difficulty with my Creative
> Ensoniq PCI sound card with
> SuSE7.2. I think it has to do with the artsd system
> in KDE (currently using
> KDE2.2). I never had this much problem with RH or
> Mandrake. I have tried
> killing the artsd process and restarting it. I've
> tried unloading and
> reloading the kernel modules. I can usually get it
> to work if I use the
> YAST2 sound installer, but then it doesn't work
> after a while - maybe after
> a reboot and maybe not. Can anyone shed some light
> on what is going on here?
>
> thanks
>
> Chris

=====
The Cherry hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Monday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org