Eric Allan Lucas on Tue, 2 Oct 2001 18:30:11 +0200

[PLUG] (no subject)

Here's an odd one...

I listen to mp3 files using XMMS.
The system is Mandrake 8.0 and it's an IBM Thinkpad X20.

Last week, no problem.  This week, there are brief "skips" in the playback,
random in timing.  It's almost like the buffer is underrunning.  This happens
even when the file is read from the hard drive (not just the CDROM).

Has this happened to anybody else before?
Any ideas?  I've tried rebooting with no change.

----
- Eric Allan Lucas
--   My other car is a Miata.  Come to think of it, this IS my other car!
---