Kevin Brosius on Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:47:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SSH Question

Mike Leone wrote:

> > > We may also have the rights to the source code, but I'm not 100% sure
> about
> > > that.  If we do have the rights, and a capable programmer, what's the
> > > license on the SSH code that I would need to add in?  Would we need to
> pay
> > > for that?  Is it open source?
> >
> > It looks like openssh is (free, open source, non-gpl...), check
> > http://www.openssh.com.  It's under a BSD license.
>
> OpenSSH doesn't (directly) run under Win32 (which is what the original
> poster wanted). You'd have to install Cygwin first.

No, good point.  Putty is under an MIT license, which is just as good
and is a Win32 client.  As Mark mentioned it, it would be a better
choice for use in the existing Win32 telnet app Mike had.  (Assuming the
source code is usable, I haven't looked at either of those code bases
myself.)

--
Kevin Brosius