Dave Turner on Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:20:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] X resources - customize

Eric Allan Lucas wrote:

> Yesterday I asked at the meeting about X resources - turns out that a little
> experimentation (based on the suggestions I received) lead me to the file where
> one can store your own X resources:  .Xdefaults.
>
> This works for Mandrake 8.0 - with other distributions YMMV.
>
> Thanks.

I missed the meeting, but I have some comments:

1. you may have to load the new resource set with:

xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults

2. If you are debugging GUI apps that follow Xresources, try these:

*borderWidth: 1
*borderColor: red

Demo (130 k) :
http://kafka.i-site.com/~novalis/red.png

--
-[Dave Turner                   New stalking number:  (610)-664-2197