Walt Mankowski on Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:00:14 +0200

Re: [PLUG] John "MAD DOG" Hall in Philadelphia 10/10 (fwd)

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:43:54AM -0400, Dave Turner wrote:
> Why should we take what these people have to say seriously if they don't even
> know that we need to *avoid* Word?

Umm, because Mad Dog is a great speaker and has been an outspoken
supporter of Linux from the very early days.  Thanks to him, Digital
was one of the first computer companies to provide any Linux support.
My history may be a little off, but I believe he personally convinced
Digital's management to loan someone an Alpha to port Linux to it.

So I for one would be willing to forgive them, at least once, for
having some clueless marketing person include a Word doc in this
annoucement.  All the information about the meeting is also available
on the web site.

I only wish the meeting were a little later so I could actually make
it...

Walt