paul on Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:10:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] John "MAD DOG" Hall in Philadelphia 10/10 (fwd)

> Wow, that's fabulous - an invite to a Linux event in Microsoft Word format.
>
> Why should we take what these people have to say seriously if they don't even
> know that we need to *avoid* Word?

There are Linux-based applications that read and write files in Word format. Word is also
a business standard. Wouldn't it be better to follow the path of Samba and embrace Word
instead of avoiding it?

(This is an e-mail sent from Win98SE. This will post immediately, while the the one sent
from Linux took a day to show up.)