gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:58:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Another SSH question...

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:03:27AM -0400, Guillermo Moyna wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. Apparently my assessment of the problem
> was completely wrong. It does not have to do with the closing of the
> windows on the client (which actually warns you about what you are
> going to do), but with the timeouts of the sessions - I saw on the
> web that old versions of the kernel (pre 2.4) have this kind of
> 'signal 15' errors when running sshd. The solution was 'upgrade to
> 2.4.x...', which right now is not an option.

Huh. That's a drag.

While you're considering upgrades, though, you might consider
running a SSH-2 (that is, the protocol) version of SSH.com's software
or running OpenSSH 2.9.9, which supports both SSH-1 and SSH-2.
Granted, there isn't SSH-2 capable software on the mac side
(woefully enough), but it'd still be nice to use the secure protocol
(SSH-1 has been proven not to be) if possible.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net