gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:39:39 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Postscript (was Re: John "MAD DOG" Hall)

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 04:56:34PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> Most mac users don't know this. Clicking a .ps gives an error. I think it
> should bring up printer dialog, but I don't work for apple.

I agree.

> One really cool thing is if you print to .ps printer, then you double
> click printer icon, you can drag jobs out of the printer onto desktop. Now
> you have converted ANYTHING (paintshop pic, word doc, etc) into a .ps
> file. If you press option while you drag the document icon onto desktop,
> the doc will still print and you'll have a .ps copy, too. There were some
> really good things about the old mac desktop. Not so good for those of us
> who like typing, though.

That's a neat trick... fortunately for the non-tinkering, though,
most decent applications have a proper "print to file" these days.
(I suppose most decent *graphics* applications... do things like
Word do this these days?)

One more reason PS should be more useable on Mac OS and Windows...

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net