gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:50:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Employment interview issues

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 12:36:53PM -0400, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> Right now I'm interviewing for a Unix sysadmin.
> This person would be in charge (or at least responsible for)
> about 10 Solaris systems, 8TB of storage,
> a dozen Linux boxes, and a hell of a cabling
> mess.  They'd have a jr sysadmin (tape monkey,
> novice shell/perl scripter) who works for them
> part time.  They have a small user community,
> because most of the systems are servicing
> very few people, but it is a critical position.

So, you still looking to fill that position?

I know the difference between netstat and /etc/hosts...

;^>

(Um, so, quasi-seriously, I need a job starting in January...
Swarthmore's glad to tell you've I'll have finished my requirements,
though they don't really feel like giving me a rolled up piece of
paper till June.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net