Paul on Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:58:43 -0400

[PLUG] Pine Config

Detailed setup instructions for using Pine with POP3. (This is actually very
simple, other than the "inbox-path" statement!)

NOTE: $ represents the shell prompt.

$ pine

If Pine does not start, try this:
$ export TERM=vt100
$ pine

E (to exit the initial greeting screen)

S (for setup)

C (for config)

Arrow down or type "N" to move to "user-domain" which is the second line in
config screen.  Press ENTER to bring up a dialog to modify the entry.  Type
in your domain name.  Press ENTER again.  This is what my entry looks like:
dpagin.net

Arrow down or type "N" to move to "smtp-server" which is the third line in
config screen.  Press ENTER to bring up a dialog to modify the entry.  Type
in the address of your remote SMTP (outgoing) server.  Press ENTER again.
This is what my entry looks like: smtp.rcn.com

Arrow down or type "N" to move to "inbox-path" which is the fifth line in
config screen.  Press ENTER to bring up a dialog to modify the entry.  Type
in the cryptic mess which represents your POP3 (incoming) server information.
 Press ENTER again.  Example: If your POP3 server is called "pop.kwiknet.net"
and your login name is "pagin" type in the following:
{pop.kwiknet.net/pop3/user=pagin}INBOX

E (to exit the config screen)

Y (for Yes to save changes)

Q (to quit out of Pine)

Y (to confirm quitting out of Pine)

$ pine

Type in your remote POP3 e-mail account password.

Type "i" to view your inbox.

Any further information would only involve using Pine, which is beyond the
scope of the document. 8-)