gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:33:29 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CD Writer Softwear? And MP3-wav conversion?

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:11:48PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> That being said, I *would* like to replace it with a SCSI drive myself
> at some point, but it's because SCSI seems to be better in general, not
> because of anything peculiar to this drive.  And it would give me an
> excuse to get one that records at faster speeds while I'm at it. ;)

Fwiw, and in case it wasn't clear from my other message, I'm very
happy with my Plextor PlexWriter (12/10/32). I'm pretty sure they
come with a variety of SCSI adpaters. (I'd recommend at least
getting fast-and-narrow if you're keeping anything else on the same
SCSI chain. Remember all the caveats about how non-wide devices
will force a bus to run at their speed rather than its maximum.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net