Bradley Molnar on Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:58:18 -0400

RE: [PLUG] SAMBA and windoze boxes...

ok, 2 options --

#1 use the same username/password on the windows machine as on the samba box
(use smbpasswd, but, i think you already have this set up).

or

#2 make a file /etc/smbusers
in this file, use

for example, this is from mine

brad = bradley brmolnar Brmolnar Gumby "Gumby the Green" "bradley molnar"

allows any of the names above to log in as the unix user 'brad' when
supplying the proper password.

hope it helps

=-brad

---
Have I got a long way to run -- Collective Soul