Zachary Whitley on Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:20:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Regarding employment

All very true. I was only suggesting that getting a clear picture of the
market isn't simply the number of job postings or if a particular
company is hiring. People seem to like to try to generalize it to either
companies are hiring or companies are not hiring.

As far as the Sycamore Group is concerned I have no particular opinion
regarding this company. I was simply using it as an example. Only
knowing the fact that Bill lost his job and seeing their job postings
gives you very little insight as to the current job market. Bill might
say that it's bad except for senior level designers and senior level
designers might say that it's good except the pay is lousy.

The job market is very diverse and depends on a lot of factors; just
finding out where you stand is often difficult.

Zachary C Whitley
E-Mail: zachary@whitley.org
Web: zachary.whitley.org
Public Key: available from public key servers