plug-announce-admin on Wed, 7 Nov 2001 23:30:16 +0100

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce]tonight's meeting - 11/7, MySQL vs. PostgreSQL by Bernard Faylor

Tonight Bernie is presenting on MySQL vs. PostgreSQL at USP.  See
http://www.phillylinux.org/meetings.html for further info (I'll update it
after I send this email).

On 11/05, Guillermo Moyna wrote:
> PS: If people needs to use an external laptop for a presentation, it
> may be worth bringing an RGB cable in case I'm not around to open the
> AV-cabinet...

Bernie is planning to use his laptop.  If someone could bring an RGB cable,
that would be much appreciated.

Apolagies for the confusion.  This is what I believe happened:

The meeting on September 11th, for which Bernie had been scheduled to do
his presentation on databases, was cancelled.  At this time, Mark Jason
Dominus was scheduled to do his ext2 presentation on 11/7 (tonight).

On 10/3 I emailed a proposed schedule change to all scheduled presenters,
and the plug list.  In this proposed schedule, Mark Jason Dominus was
presenting on 12/5, and Bernard Falor was presenting on 11/7 (tonight).
Because I did not recieve approval for this schedule change from all
affected presentors, I did not change the schedule, and so I did not change
the plug meetings page.

Tonight, Walt Mankowski stated that Mark believed he was not scheduled to
present until 12/5, which means that he thought that my proposed schedule
change was, in fact, in effect.  By the way, I felt no need to verify this
information since Walt Mankowski signed his email with a key that I myself
had signed, so I know it was snet by Walt, and I personally trust Walt.

I was informed that there was confusion at 4:40pm thisevening.  I called
Bernie.  He happened to be prepaired to give the presentation tonight.
That rocks.

--
Darxus@ChaosReigns.com