Adam Schaible on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:30:24 +0100

[PLUG] Feedback from last week's meeting

I know this is a week after the fact but I've been
busy, so better late than never.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a fun &
informative meeting last week. Before Bernie's
presentation, during the Q & A session I remarked that
I had been having problems with X while installing
Mandrake 8.1 (I had been using 7.2 with very few
problems for several months previous). I think it was
Mike Leone who suggested I go for the "expert" install
and another fellow (whose name I can't recall, but had
-large- spikes in his hair) who suggested I use
XFree86 4.1... well, doing both of these things has
led to a successful install, so thanks a lot, PLUG!

Also I talked to Darxus after the meeting about the
"currently seeking employment" thread on the list the
other week. He said it was okay by him if I mentioned
that there are currently openings at my company,
Synygy, even though we are currently a Windows shop
and won't be running Linux until some time next year.
In any case we are hiring developers and business
analysts, and we're located in Lee Park over in
Conshohocken, the same office complex as Netaxs. Send
me an E-mail if you're interested.

Thanks again everyone and see you at the next meeting
-
-Adam Schaible
Conshohocken, PA