Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:39:24 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT OEM software

> > > Not a solution: Not everyone can build their own, nor do they want (or
> need)
> > > to learn.
>
> True.
>
> > Kind of disgusting to see a business model that preys on people's
> ignorance.
>
> That's business in a nut shell.  8-)

No it's not. I've done purchasing for a big company and I've seen all
sorts of business models. We all have. Scamming people is not acceptable.
Period. Some people do it and get away with it. This doesn't make it
acceptable. There are some very solid businesses that give people value
for their money. Their growth is based upon people's trust of quality
products. Others grow by scamming people.

To say that this is the same is dangerous to us all b/c it makes every
businessman look like a crook as well as making scams to seem to be
acceptable. This is a lie which is perpetuated by idealist communist and
capitalist types alike.

Meanwhile theres us pragmatists trying to get value for our money. The
same fair shake that we got before. Scam me and I'll fight you by putting
away my wallet. I'm done with this topic. Sorry, but this makes me mad.

Fred