Chuck Peters on Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:08:56 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian 2.2r4 and Promise ATA100 PCI Card

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Adam Van Antwerp wrote:

> I cannot get Debian to recognize this card on my linux box at home and
> therefore cannot install Debian, only RedHat recognizes this and is
> currently installed but I would really prefer to have debian on it.  The
> UDMA66 kernel  does not work either, any advice? (other than removing the
> card).

Did you try the udma100 images?
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/disks-i386/3.0.17-2001-11-18/images-1.44/udma100-ext3/

If that doesn't work, you can make custom install floppyies.  Once I built
a couple of install floppies to get a 3ware card working.  The package to
create boot floppies is called boot-floppies.

Chuck