Bob Razler on Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:18:06 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Desperate call for help - HDD problems...

Great idea.  I like it.  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: aab@drexel.edu [mailto:aab@drexel.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 4:09 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Desperate call for help - HDD problems...

Normally, I'd hate to be the one to suggest a "whacko" approach, but since
it sounds like you're having mechanical problems and not electrical ones,
you *might* benefit from this.  Slap the drive in an air-tight bag (Ziploc
would work fine) and toss it in the freezer for a few hours.  Pull it out,
pop it back in the machine and see what happens.  You're not going to get
anywhere with it otherwise, right?  I've had this work for me on a couple
occasions ...

I'm going to leave out the other drive voodoo trick ... I'd hate to have
people think I'm performing rituals around here every time we have a box
fail on us.

andrew.