Adam Schaible on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:10:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] @home (and Covad)

Comcast @Home, when I had it, was nominally discounted
$10 a month to a fee of $30 when I subscribed to cable
TV from them. However, throw in a $7 monthly modem
rental, another $30 for TV service, and any where from
$5 - $10 in taxes and fees, and the result was a
roughly $70 per month bill. Not *too* bad, but the
customer service was absolutely horrendous.

I'm now gearing up to pay $60 a month for Covad DSL,
just last month they started running asymmetric out of
my local CO which is about 4000 ft. away from my
apartment. I'm wondering how many PLUGgers out there
have any Covad horror stories to discourage me from
doing this... ?

-Adam in Conshohocken