Mike Leone on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:30:16 +0100

Re: [PLUG] @home (and Covad)

> I'm fairly happy with Directv DSL wired by Verizon.  And they have an
> intro deal of $19.95/mo for the first three months, then $49.95/mo
> after.  What speed line is the $60 Covad line?  The Directv DSL lines
> are 640/128 in my area (and from what I've read should be the same in
> the rest of PA), so don't believe that you'll actually get the peak 1.5M
> as advertised on Directv DSL's web page.  (http://www.directvdsl.com/)

I have DCA wired by Verizon, and I have 640/90. Sure yours is 128? Or does
Verizon's upload line provisioning differ by area?

Maybe you can get the 1.5M ... if you pay Verizon's ... $79.95 ? ... per
month line charge for it. I pay $39.95 for my line; $10 more for DCA ISP
services, for the same total that you pay. I know that I could pay Verizon
more per month, and get higher bandwidth, with no extra charges from DCA. It
would be neat to have my own T1 equivalent (download speed) to my house, but
I'm not complaining too much.