Bob Razler on Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:30:19 +0100

RE: [PLUG] What's smime.p7s? (Was: Ginger)

Are there other OpenPGP-compliant implementations besides GnuPG?  Do
they have ports to multiple OS's?

-----Original Message-----
From: gabriel rosenkoetter [mailto:gr@eclipsed.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 9:37 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] What's smime.p7s? (Was: Ginger)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:09:48AM -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>          I can't speak for gpg, but PGP FULLY supports that!  I use it
with
> Eudora, not Outlook however...

Multiple uids are part of the OpenPGP standard, and any compliant
implementation supports them.

To whit:

grappa:~% gpg --list-keys gr
pub  1024D/0CF9091A 2001-07-23 gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
uid                            gabriel rosenkoetter
<rosenkoetter@pobox.com>
uid                            gabriel rosenkoetter
<gr@cs.swarthmore.edu>
sub  1024g/E2AD2F4B 2001-07-23

(I regularly send email from at least two of those addresses, and
sign all emails with the same key.)

It's quite possible that this wasn't part of PGP (much less GPG) when
Bob first investigated it, though, Len. I do recall a time when PGP
keys were one-uid-to-a-key.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net