Walt Mankowski on Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:30:21 +0100

Re: [PLUG] What's smime.p7s? (Was: Ginger)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:36:31AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> It's also possible that this is an inconsistency between PGPv7
> (which you're using, right?) and GPG 1.0.6, since I haven't had
> anyone else complain, and I've noticed it takes a coon's age to
> verify your signature as compared to other people. (I'd written it
> off to the number of 3rd-party signatures your public key has,
> making the search space to see if *I've* signed your key that much
> larger, but I'm not positive that explains it.)

I'm using gpg 1.0.6 and all of your signatures look fine to me.

If you've signed Mike's key then the other signatures on his key
shouldn't matter.  But if you haven't, then gpg has known performance
issues with checking trust on keys with lots of signatures.  This code
is being totally rewritten in the next version of gpg.

Walt