William Shank on Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:00:29 +0100

[PLUG] help with domain on cable modem

hi everyone,
i finally joined ranks of the high bandwidth enabled! i got a cable modem -
although i almost lost it before i even got it! thanks Excite!

anyway - I own a domain name which domain direct has been aliasing for me to
point to a tiny bit if space provided by my ISP. Now that I have a
semi-permanent mildly-fast connection - i setup an account with dyndns.org
and have domain direct pointing to the dynalias url - which points to my IP.
That works ok, but I'd like to send and receive email through my paid-for
domain name - but domain direct doesn't seem to redirect email requests.

does anyone know how i can set this up correctly? do I need to register my
url with someone else (who? how?).

any help is appreciated -i'm very much a novice with this.

thanks

-Chris