Bill Jonas on Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:40:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Speaking of Ext2 undeletion

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 12:32:00AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> So copy what you need somewhere else and force an unmount of the
> partition. It probably won't break anything. (Oh, unless ext2fs
> clears unliked inodes on unmount... wish I could have been at this
> month's meeting...)

BTW, I gave a talk last year specifically about ext2 file undeletion, if
you're interested.  I had a lot of practice to prepare for that talk...
:-/

My notes (slightly updated since then; the original text is unchanged
with additional comments at the end) from the talk are at
<http://www.billjonas.com/papers/undeletion.html>, if you're interested.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html