gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 9 Dec 2001 06:40:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Speaking of Ext2 undeletion

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 09:59:08AM -0500, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> I played with this some last night.  It shows promise, but is only really
> useful if you are undeleting a file not on your /home /bin. /root, or /usr
> partition.

Uh... why?

Oh, you mean the KDE-specific application? Because the partition
needs to be unmounted for it to work?

So copy what you need somewhere else and force an unmount of the
partition. It probably won't break anything. (Oh, unless ext2fs
clears unliked inodes on unmount... wish I could have been at this
month's meeting...)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net