JP Toto on Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:19:46 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux Friendly ISPs

While we're on the subject... some folks were asking
about DSL a while back. I've been using Verizon
(PPPoE) for about a month now with great results. Im
in Conshohocken and I really haven't had any downtime.
I use smoothwall and run all kinds of clients behind
it with no problem at all. Speed is good. No static IP
but Im just happy with the bandwidth. Just and FYI.

--- Mike Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:
> > I'm having good luck with RCN. Their techs are
> good, both times I had to
> call and they had their field guys out to my house
> in a matter of 2 days to
> fix my problem (had a weak signal). Speeds are good
> to me, your milage may
> vary.
> >
> > Would be nice to find a ISP that gave static IP's
> tho.
>
> Hmmm. Buddy of mine who uses Comcast out near 69th &
> Market got fed up with
> Comcast, and is switching to RCN. He told me RCN
> told HIM that he could get
> a static IP.

=====
JP Toto