Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:50:12 +0100

Re: [PLUG] mutt and multiple return addresses

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 05:31:17PM +0100, christophe barbé wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:07:41AM -0500, M. Jackson Wilkinson wrote:
> > Okay, so here's the story...
> >
> > I have my normal e-mail address, which I'm using now, and my college one,
> > which I need to use for all on-campus correspondance in order to send stuff
> > to student records, on campus mailing lists, etc.
> >
> > Is there a way to set up mutt to use this alternative from: line and
> > possibly a different .signature file when in the =Bowdoin mailbox, or
> > something similar?
>
> You can use folder-hook, you will have something like :
>    folder-hook . 'set signature=~/.signature'
>    folder-hook =Bowdoin 'set signature=~/.college.sig'
>    folder-hook . 'my_hdr From: Jackson Wilkinson <you@isp.org>'
>    folder-hook =Bowdoin 'my_hdr From: Jackson Wilkinson <you@college.org>'
> (untested)
>
> But You should certainly use send-hook (see the mutt manual).

Yes, send-hook is better for this than folder-hook.

Also note that you can change From: on a per-message basis with esc-F.

--
 Jeff

 Buy my boyfriend's new novel: The Big Book of Misunderstanding
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>