Bill Jonas on Wed, 12 Dec 2001 02:20:12 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux Friendly ISPs

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:25:45AM -0800, multiple seriousity wrote:
> > static configuration and you're off and running.  @Home works fine too;
>
> Not anymore it doesn't. ;)

I beg to differ.  :)  I'm sending this post via a remote box, ssh'd in
via a Comcast@Home connection.  In fact, just today, I heard a
commercial on the radio for Comcast@Home (yes, they specifically
mentioned "@Home"), and later, I received a notice from Comcast to my
@Home email account about Comcast's (still vague) plans for transition
to their own network, which is apparently rapidly nearing completion.

> a Philadelphia Freenet (not neccessarily free, but low cost.)
> If anybody is actually interested in these things, let me know..

Now this is something that's interested me for a long time.  I've seen
web pages about ISP co-ops and similar things that I thought would be
neat to duplicate around here.  One such program that I remember off the
top of my head is http://www.lariat.org/ -- there was another in
Chicago, but I can't remember the name or URL just now.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html