Beldon Dominello on Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:40:12 +0100

[PLUG] NFS Question

I have recenly started playing with NFS on a Linux box at work.  Basically,
we need a share to remotely mount CDROMs for software installation (we have
some, but only in other buildings).

I got everything to work except for one thing.  I can mount on the AIX box
fine, but once I umount from the AIX box, the Linux box still lists the share
as busy and cannot unmount the CDROM locally.

For the record, I am mounting the CDROM on the Linux box, then mounting the
mount point on the AIX box.

I am running Suse Professional 7.3 on the Linux box.  The AIX box is an
RS6000 running AIX 4.3.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

--
An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose.
		-- A. P. Herbert