pinkee on Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:40:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Addition to PLUG FAQ; ESR on smart question-asking

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 12:26:52PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> >Does anyone else think that a link to
> >http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html would make an
> >excellent addition to http://www.phillylinux.org/faq.html ?
>
> Yep. Won't help, tho. People have been advising things like this for years;
> note that it just barely helps cut down on questions like the type addressed
> in the document.

I, for one, read a lot but not all, of the links on the site. I did this
because I was positively terrified of being told I was too dumb for the
list as I was *such* a newbie when I subscribed. I think having helpful
links *and* a blatant newbie section encouraging them to post and attend
meetings too is a good idea. I am surprised to see you write people off
so easily, Mike.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org