christophe barbé on Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:50:15 +0100

[PLUG] [OT] buy a second-hand car (From Paris To Philly)

Hi,

I know I'm completly off-topic but I can't see a better place to ask
this question.
Replys to my previous post about ISP were really instructive for me
and now I know which one I will subscribe. So I hope you can give me
advise for this off-topic question.

I will arrive monday and I plan to buy a second-hand car ASAP.
My first question is about car resellers. What's the best place to look
for second-hand cars?
Are there some tricks that I should know before buying a car in the US
(being a french) ?
What are the most common car insurance companies ?
Is the seller going to try to sell me unrequired stuff ?

I would be interesting to know about everything that could be
US-specific.

Thank you,
Christophe

PS: I will be off-line from Monday to ... a few days later (I hope).