multiple seriousity on Fri, 14 Dec 2001 22:20:24 +0100

Re: [PLUG] [OT] buy a second-hand car (From Paris To Philly)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Eric A. Lucas wrote:
> Sadly, if he wants to purchase the car within 15 to 30 days of finding
> it, he'll have to forgo the AAA insepction.  I called in August and
> the delay to get an inspection ran about 15 days... I've heard it can
> be longer.  How somebody can wait that long to buy/sell a car is
> beyond me.

> > http://www.aaamidatlantic.com/automotive/diagnostic_clinic.asp

Are you sure?  I think you might have fallen into the inspection
vs. evaluation trap... what I'm talking about is a "complete automotive
evaluation" or maybe I'm talking about the "Diagnostic Evaluation" I don't
know the difference between those two.. but I'm not talking about the PA
Inspection.  I believe they have three or four bays and only one of them
is for the PA Inspection, not to mention that takes longer, I believe..

I'm just talking about getting the auto evaluated/diagnosed so you know
whats wrong with it and if you should buy it or not, and not getting it
inspected for the sticker/registration.

Even if this is what you meant, too, you might have accidentally used the
wrong words in talking to them on the phone, and they might have thought
you meant PA Inspection..

We've never had a problem in taking a vehicle over to them calling of
course beforehand as it says on the site, at most I believe we've had to
schedule it a day in advance.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Artists Resource Project: www.slackware.com/~msimons/arts/reuse/