Beldon Dominello on Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:40:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] NFS Question

On Friday 14 December 2001 12:52 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:00:22AM -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> >          You like security holes and poorly designed protocols - don't
> > you ;).

No-- but I have no control over the AIX boxen themselves, and I have no
budget for my own in my own department (even if I did, they'd have to conform
to the standard the AIX group uses).  Hence the use of Linux for NFS
support-- those I can control.

We're making the best of a dreary situation here.  The nearest AIX box to my
office location is about a mile away in another building.

Good points Gabe.

--
Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh
away.