Michael Leone on Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:30:51 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux Friendly ISPs

On Mon, 2001-12-17 at 03:10, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 11:26:35PM -0500, Mike wrote:
> > Norton picked up a vitus off this email
> >

> Um, what virus? I am sending from a debian server...

Well, it's usually not the server, but the client, that is infected.

>You might want to report the bug.

Also probably not a good idea. NAV, indeed most AV programs, have a
history of reporting false positives, that are fixed in a subsequent
update to the AV definitions. And since the definitions are updated AT
LEAST weekly these days, I would just wait for the next update.

> What about anagnosystic, someone who's not sure if there's a sysadmin or
> not?

Heh heh heh.

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

Foreman, roving paving crew, Dept. of Roads, Hades.