gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:50:13 +0100

[PLUG] .us second level domains broken?

This strikes me as very, very wrong:

grappa:~% nslookup pa.us
Server:  phl.speakeasy.net
Address:  66.92.224.2

*** phl.speakeasy.net can't find pa.us: Non-existent host/domain
grappa:~% nslookup mo.us
Server:  phl.speakeasy.net
Address:  66.92.224.2

*** phl.speakeasy.net can't find mo.us: Non-existent host/domain
grappa:~% whois -h whois.geektools.com pa.us
The GeekTools Whois Proxy has encountered an error:
Unable to connect to the specified registry whois.isi.edu.

Exiting.

grappa:~% whois -h whois.geektools.com mo.us
The GeekTools Whois Proxy has encountered an error:
Unable to connect to the specified registry whois.isi.edu.

Exiting.

Anybody know anything more about this? Weren't the state domains
recently transfered?

I can still get to, for instance, www.state.pa.us... but I'm pretty
sure it's because Speakeasy's DNSes have that cached. I'm pretty
sure the root nameserver (ashamedly, I must admit that I don't know
which is supposed to be responsible) for .us isn't responding...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net