Chuck Peters on Tue, 25 Dec 2001 13:40:10 +0100

Re: [PLUG] .us second level domains broken?

This is odd.   Here is what I have found:

venus:/var/mondo# host -t SOA pa.us A.GTLD.BIZ
pa.us has no SOA record at A.GTLD.BIZ (Authoritative answer)
venus:/var/mondo# host -t NS pa.us A.GTLD.BIZ
pa.us has no NS record at A.GTLD.BIZ (Authoritative answer)

And that was found with:

whois -h rs.internic.net =us|less

   Domain Name: US
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: A.GTLD.BIZ
   Name Server: B.GTLD.BIZ
   Name Server: C.GTLD.BIZ