martin f krafft on Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:20:12 +0100

[PLUG] Re: .us second level domains broken?

also sprach gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> [2001.12.25.0740 +0100]:
> I can still get to, for instance, www.state.pa.us... but I'm pretty
> sure it's because Speakeasy's DNSes have that cached. I'm pretty
> sure the root nameserver (ashamedly, I must admit that I don't know
> which is supposed to be responsible) for .us isn't responding...

afaik, mo.us and pa.us et al. are very much like co.uk and ac.uk, they
are second-level domains that exist for classification/categorization
only. they are not sites by themselves.

at least my research over here in germany confirms this...

it may look like i'm just sitting here doing nothing.
but i'm really actively waiting
for all my problems to go away.