William Shank on Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:24:48 -0500

[PLUG] kernel compiling woes

i'm running RH7.2 on a laptop. I compiled a new 2.4.14 kernel way back when
it was newly released. however, I must have screwed up some of the module
parameters, because when i boot, it doesn't recognize things like the eth0
or usb. i want to keep the rh7.2 kernels, because i know they work (for most
things) - so i'd like to compile my new kernel to be module compatible with
RH's kernel. however, it appears that i don't have a configuration file with
the original settings (i guess i overwrote the original or it newver existed
in the first place?).

anyway - i'd like to compile a new kernel but have it be able identical to
the standard RH kernel as far as what's compiled in and what's a module.
does anyone know where or how i can get the original kernel config file for
a RH install?

thanks

chris