Rich 'Forge' Mingin on Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:00:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] <compumike:#plug> dude debian rocks!

In the beginning, Yog made apt. After that, he went on to lesser tasks, like
Creation.

Seriously, though, apt has changed the way I work with Linux. I have half a
dozen machines doing various jobs around here, and keeping all the security
updates applied, plus keeping the packages up to date, was impossible. Now I
can sit down with half a dozen ssh sessions and update everything in half an
hour, tops. That's 5 minutes of logging in and starting, 5 minutes of
closing windows, and 20 minutes of coffee and smokes.

RPM wishes it could be APT.

Rich 'Forge' Mingin