Mike Leone on Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:44:23 -0500

Re: [PLUG] File Recovery using Linux

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Van Antwerp" <avanantwerp@princetelecom.com>
To: "PLUG" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: [PLUG] File Recovery using Linux

> I will keep this short and simple,
>
> 1)M$ 2000 box with lost Admin password, will not logon to pdc either
> 2)Can I make a boot disk with NTFS and network support to recover some
files

Yes. Not with Linux, tho, as Linux does not support NTFS v5, which is used
in Win2K. Only NTFS for NT. And even then, the writing of NTFS is considered
experimental and dangerous.

You could make a regular DOS bootdisk, and use NTFS for DOS, from
http://www.sysinternals.com, which alllows DOS to R/W NTFDS disks. Be aware
that it runs something like $250. RO support is a free download.