Darxus on Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:00:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Update on My Debian Progress

On 01/04, Michael F. Robbins wrote:
> apt-get upgrade Grabs&installs latest packages (do update first)

I always use "dist-upgrade" instead of "upgrade".  I believe sometimes
"upgrade" will not resolve dependancies by installing more packages or
removing already installed packages.  "dist-upgrade" will do what's
necessary to cleanly upgrade as much as possible.  There are good
descriptions on the man page.

--
"Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think only about the
front sight."