gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 8 Jan 2002 00:30:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] DHCPD problems

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:38:30PM -0500, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> Gotcha...  You weren't willing to speculate on the problem, but are
> willing to speculate on the reason for architecture choice?  None of
> that _requires_ a subnet split to protect against...  (I was hoping the
> answer might help us point him in the right direction.)

If you're putting a firewall between two logical networks, you do,
by definition, have separate subnets. It doesn't matter if you
configure your firewall/NAT software to put the odds in one network
and the evens in the other; they're separate subnets.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net