kaze on Tue, 8 Jan 2002 03:10:16 +0100

[PLUG] re: dynamic drives

Dynamic disks under W2K suck - I found errors and contradictions in their
documentation about them. A friend just told me he lost a drive due to it.
One server I ran the dynamic drive wizard on wouldn't do a software
initiated reboot or shutdown after that...

==> From: Paul <paul@dpagin.net>
==> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
==> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:39:56 -0500
==> Subject: [PLUG] dynamic drives
==>
==> > Unfortunately, Linux does not support the version of NTFS that's in
==> > Win2K, which he has. So there's no way in Linux to read his disk,
==> > much less write to it (i.e., delete a file).
==>
==> And what's up with "dynamic" drives in Win2k?  NT4 used to be able to
==> do mirroring and such, but now the disks have to be converted to
==> "dynamic" disks before anything fancy can be done with them.

--
<http://www.anti-dmca.org/quotes.html>