Chuck Peters on Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:50:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Debian

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:14:05PM -0500, Mike Pflugfelder wrote:

> > 2) Is there any way to use a non-ext2 filesystem for root before / during /
> > immediately after installation?  I'm thinking ReiserFS or ext3.

Libranet is a hybrid woody/potato release which supports ReiserFS, use it
or woody if you want ReiserFS on the install.  ext3 is also supported by
woody.

> I wouldn't recommend trying to use ext3, ReiserFS, or the 2.4 kernel
> with potato; some of the software is too old (e2fsprogs, modutils) or is
> simply not in the archive (reiserfsprogs).  I'm pretty sure that some
> people provide pre-compiled binaries for these packages; you'd need to
> search the Debian mailing list archives for more info.  (Woody uses
> newer versions of libraries like libc and such.)

# Unofficial potato 2.4 kernel support
deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

Chuck