Michael Leone on Tue, 8 Jan 2002 23:04:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux, Netware, and an NT Domain

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 22:55, Paul wrote:
> Has anyone printing from Linux to a Netware print queue or
> authenticated on a Windows domain controller?
>
> I got to the point where I can use "slist" to list the Netware server
> and "pqlist" (I think it is) to see the print queues on the server.
> I just can't print.
>
> I have installed the "ncpfs" and "ipxutils" RPMs.

Bindery based queues should work, I think (from the little I know about
linking Linux to NW). Never tried it myself. Don't think NDPS queues
will, tho.

I used to use a LPD daemon on a NW 3.12 server, and would print from AIX
to Netware queues. The LPD software cost like $100. NW 4 and up have
Netware services for Unix (which includes LPD software) comes bundled
now, doesn't it?

Authenticating to a Win domain is supposed to work, I believe, using
SAMBA (somehow).

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

"Sometimes your lack of sympathy gets hard to explain,
 So on your mask of make-up you just paint a little parody of pain"
                                 "When you were young", Del Amitri