William H. Magill on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:30:20 +0100

[PLUG] FYI: University of Pennsylvania [unix sysadmin job in CIS]

Please respond to Chip, not me...
  ----------< Forwarded Message Follows >----------
  Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:51:49 -0500
  From: "Charles H. Buchholtz" <chip@seas.upenn.edu>
  Subject:      unix sysadmin job in CIS

  I have an opening for a unix systems administrator to work with me in
  CIS.  The individual filling this position will join a friendly,
  professional, and highly skilled team of systems administrators.  We
  have a very low "Dilbert" factor here: staff meetings are few, short,
  and productive, and there is no micro-management.  We will provide
  support when you need it, and accept advice when you give it.  This is
  a job where you can both learn and lead.

  The position is in a team of eight experienced unix systems
  administrators, within a larger CETS community of unix, Windows, and
  network administrators.  This position is vacant because the previous
  person was promoted within the team.

  The major responsibilities of this position are support for academic
  computing, unix administration, unix security, and user support for
  the faculty, staff, students, and researchers of Penn Engineering.  We
  use mostly Solaris machines, but we also have Redhat Linux, Irix,
  AIX/SP2, and MS Windows machines.  The eight person team manages unix
  servers and workstations for Penn Engineering and its affiliates.

  This position provides an opportunity for systems administration in a
  congenial and dynamic academic environment.  This is a full-time
  position with generous health, education, and retirement benefits.
  The University of Pennsylvania is an Affirmative Action/Equal
  Opportunity Employer.

  The official job listings are on the web at
  http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs/record_view.asp?id=01129392

  --
  Charles H. Buchholtz                    Director of Systems Programming
  chip@seas.upenn.edu               School of Engineering and Applied Science

  -------------< End Forwarded Message >-----------

--
                        www.tru64unix.compaq.com
                              www.tru64.org

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill                          Senior Systems Administrator
Information Services and Computing (ISC)   University of Pennsylvania
Internet: magill@isc.upenn.edu             magill@acm.org
http://www.isc-net.upenn.edu/~magill/