gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:30:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Cut 'n paste tabs versus spaces in X

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 10:09:55AM -0500, Brian Epstein wrote:
> But the thing that is killing me now is cut and paste between two
> konsoles.  Tabs turn into spaces again :(
[...]
> Any ideas how to get this very cool functionality back?

Huh. In my X experience (which includes neither KDE nor Gnome, but
does include CDE) I've never seen an X server capable of telling the
difference between tabs and spaces in cutting and pasting.

Are you sure RH 7.1 wasn't using a hacked up XF86?

If not, then the easiest thing to do is see how the heck the old
Gnome was wrapping X cut and paste (in the source, of course).

You might be interested in this:

  http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html

Cheers...

--