gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:30:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Car pool from Suburbs for tomorrows meeting.

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 09:49:23AM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> Did you mean the Schuylkill Expressway?  :-)  Actually the Schuylkill
> usually isn't too bad going into the city after around 6:30 PM.

Hrm. Yes. Yes I did. :^>

In my defense, I hadn't slept when I wrote that... should have stuck
with numbers.

> I take this route all the time.  You should be able to make it from
> Haverford to USP in about half an hour.

I'll try that this evening.

> From Swarthmore I'd be tempted to go all the way down Baltimore Ave.,
> especially if the Blue Route is backed up.  I've done that ride
> without any traffic and it only took about 20 minutes.  With traffic,
> who knows.

Yeah, but the Blue Route is minimally (if at all) involved coming
from where I live in Swarthmore. (I usually just get on 95 at
MacDade, right on the border between Swarthmore and Chester.)

Baltimore (Pike, not Ave, till the Philly side of Springfield ;^>)
isn't a road you want to be going either direction on through
Springfield at any point during the work day, imho. And then it
narrows down to one lane in either direction and the stop lights get
even more frequent till you get to the city. And the trolleys...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net