Mike Pflugfelder on Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:26:15 -0500

[PLUG] Secondary e-mail service

Man, I'm really having problems this week...  In addition to my web server
being hacked, my e-mail server went down also...  No, I don't want to talk
about the specifics...  What I'm more interested in is what I can do for
secondary e-mail, or whatever it might be called.  Currently, we only have
one e-mail server, and if for any reason that machine goes down, there's no
server to catch mail being directed at us.  Does anyone know of a service
that would host a mail server for us to act as a backup in this condition,
and just hold e-mail in the case that it goes down?  Also, what would be
involved in setting up a linux server to perform this function?  Our e-mail
server is currently running MS Exchange 5.5.

-Mike Pflugfelder

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -
Arthur C. Clarke